Saturday, January 22, 2011
In our house we have instituted a new laundry policy. Each person has their own day to have their laundry done. Granted Caitlyn is 5, but still she has learned that when she takes clothes off they go straight in her hamper or I don't wash it on Tuesday. My husband right now handles his own laundry during the winter. Once summer picks up and he is doing more outside duties, then I will probably pick up the slack for him. He also does sheets on Monday, and I do towels on Friday. We NEVER do laundry on the weekend now and it is so nice! I also only do 2 loads for each person, 1 light colored clothes and 1 dark color clothes. This system has really cut down on me running through the house to gather all of the "blues", then washing, and folding, then running all the way back through the house to redistribute all of the blues. This way everything that goes into the washer is one person's from one room and it all goes back to that room. So there you go, my laundry tip for you all!
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
I used the Gypsy Font for the "First day of" and welded the letters together. I used Plantin Schoolbook cartridge for "kindergarten".
I don't have the patience to sew buttons onto my layout, so I layered 2 flowers, used a glue dot to attach the button, then used 3 rhinestones in the center. I think it works fine.
I have some cute Valentine postcards that I worked on tonight that I will hopefully have time to post on Friday.
Have a wondeful day!
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
- Die Cuts With a View Pink #3 Cardstock cut at 5.5x5.5 (this is the base)
- Die Cuts With a View Pink #2 Cardstock cut at 5.5x5,5 for the gypsy cut above
- craftstore Brown cardstock cut at apx. 4x4 attached to the back side of the scalloped square
- Then I stamped, using the Autumn Leaves "Swirls by Rhonna Farrer" small corner stamp, in Chestnut Roan ColorBox ink, randomly over the heart cut out.
- Then I stamped using the same swirl stamp in Blush (Close to my Heart ink) over the scalloped square.
- Next I inked the edges of all three pieces, the heart, the scalloped square, and the large cut square with a sponge and Chestnut roan ink.
- I then stamped the scalloped word outline in Chestnut Roan using the Annotations stamp set and the "Be Mine" from the Thoughtful Seasons stamp set in Tulip ink. (Annotations, Thoughtful Seasons and Tulip ink all from Close to My Heart). I then cut out using my scissors the sentiment.
- Using Recollections Foam Adhesive Strips, I popped up the heart, and the sentiment on the scalloped square.
- Then using the same foam adhesive, I popped up the entire scalloped square.
- To add some sparkle, I randomly used "Fruit Punch" Stickles to go over some of the stamped swirls to give it some texture and interest.
- Last, I tied a small green bow and using a mini glue dot attached it the heart.
- This is a flat valentine card. Your personal message would be written on the back of it.
Please leave me comments if you like/don't like the cards. This is my first submission for a design team, and I while I have a long shot of making it, I would welcome your feedback for improvement so I can continue to apply for other design teams until I find one that will have me!
Thanks for looking,