Search My Stuff!

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Moving isn't Bad, It's the UNPACKING that is BAD!!

Yep!  The moving wasn't all that bad.

We were relocated to the New Orleans area for my husband's career.  It was nice to have a company come in and pack everything and move us, but now is the fun (?) part of moving, the unpacking.  I am so grateful that someone else packed up my belongings, but seriously, they use a lot of paper and boxes!!

But in the spirit of keeping things real around here, I am posting several pictures of our house in it's current state.  NOT because I think it looks great or anything, but mainly because we have a lot of plans for this house and I wanted some "Before" photos.  Besides which, if I was going to wait until everything looked "picture perfect", we would all be waiting for a very, very, very long time.  We have been in this house for 2 1/2 weeks and I am almost done unpacking most of the boxes.  However, unpacking does not equate to decorated or organized :)  My husband and I both work full-time outside of the home, so unpacking has been done at night and on the weekends.  Also, we downsized from over 3,000 to a little over 2,400, so I have lost my craft room and separate office, but like I said we have some plans in store for this house to make up for the lost rooms and storage.  My husband and I are excited to see our plans come to life and make this house our home.  I hope you will join us on our journey.  We have a budget, a saw, and a plan, and now we just need to make time :)

Here is our house as it is today, enjoy!
Front Entry
Dining room off of the entry way



Dining room an door way to the kitchen

See all of those boxes we have unpacked?

open concept living room

World's longest kitchen




Hallway to all of the bedrooms


Guest bedroom

Laundry across from guest bedroom


Miss C's room


Hallway bath across from Miss C's room

Master Bedroom



Master Bathroom



Master Closet


Breakfast area

Back Den/Office


Aww, best part of the house, the pool!




No comments:

Post a Comment